Grami has been DYING to take Remi to the Turtle Back Zoo - and she finally got the chance to live the dream. Remi made it very clear that he wanted to make a beeline to the petting zoo. As a child, Mommy was traumatized by the petting zoo at Turtle Back when Grami let her eat cookies right before going in and she (me) was almost eaten by a thousand hungry goats because she was covered in crumbs. Luckily, Remi had much better luck!
Just sheep today!

Grami took Remi in to get his pets on!

He was a little nervous at first. (I don't blame him!) But Grami showed him the ropes.

What a pro!

Remi's turn.

Grami took Remi to see the lazier sheep who didn't feel like coming out to play even though it was a beautiful day!

After his hands were washed, dried and sanitized - we all had a lovely zoo lunch of hot dogs! A perfect day all around! Thanks Grami!
This is very cute! At first I read it as Mommy (thinking Grami) was traumatized at the petting zoo. That could never have happened and took a minute to think if either of us had been to a zoo as a child.
ReplyDeleteSo, I read it again, and realized that Mommy (Beverly) was traumatized because you both were covered in cookie crumbs. That makes sense!
Remi seems to like animals and that is wonderful.
He seems to like hot dogs as well
ReplyDeleteAwww yay! I've been wanting to go there! Funny story... when I was about Remi's age, my parents brought me to feed the goats and sheep (with little baby bottles). All of them came over to me and eventually knocked me down. Apparently, it was very funny. I think there's a picture of this momentous occasion somewhere. I'll see if I can locate it.
ReplyDelete